Continuing its 125-year tradition in textile manufacturing, American & Efird (A&E) just unveiled Colorlink, the company’s first mobile app with a focus on thread color. Colorlink encourages more interactive collaboration, connecting entire teams across design and production channels in the thread color selection process to ensure color is not compromised.
According to the A&E site, the app is “available for both Android and Apple phones and tablets.
“Thread color selection is a foundational element of garment design and production, but too often this decision is left to the end of the process,” said Chris Alt, A&E Senior Vice President Sales. “Our goal for Colorlink is to give designers and manufacturers an easy-to-use, go-to thread color collaboration tool that not only provides color inspiration, but also streamlines access to our expansive global color platform and Colorlink palette. Colorlink empowers garment designers and color professionals to be confident that the colors they select at the garment’s inception will be the same inspired colors used in the finished product, ensuring their vision stays true.”
Colorlink features include:
- Opportunity to easily specify thread color and manage ideas on-the-go:
- Create personal thread color collections
- Locate complementary thread colors
- Place selected colors on sample stiches and fabric types
- Ability to easily organize and share project and thread color details with colleagues and supply chain
- Request physical thread color samples for confirmation
- Connect with A&E global representatives
In addition, A&E Colorlink supports a companion device called COLORCATCH NANO. The COLORCATCH NANO is an advanced hand-held color tool that will identify color on a variety of smooth, structured or patterned surfaces with the touch of a button.
Request an unlock code for the free A&E Colorlink app and learn more about Colorlink and the COLORCATCH NANO at www.amefird.com/colorlink.”