Speaking: Ethical Fashion, Circular Design Thinking & Sustainable Textiles
Research & Development: Textile Sourcing & Manufacturing
Facilitation: Design for Sustainable Manufacturing Workshop
Leading: Circular Design Thinking & Sustainable Textile Research
I believe the people who manipulate the materials we use are just as important as the quality and sustainability of those materials. That has been a driving force in my business and personal life. As a fashion designer with over 20 years experience producing both domestically and overseas, I have developed a vast understanding of a variety of production systems and manufacturing techniques. My role as production coordinator and research fellow at the BF+DA was to facilitate designers’ experience through sampling and production, sourcing better materials and understanding their role in the larger system. This experience has provoke me to launch the Re:Source Library, a sustainable textile library, sourcing service and consultancy located in Manhattan’s garment district.
- Founder, Re:Source Library
- Production Coordinator & Research Fellow | Zero Waste Manufacturing, Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
- Founder & Creative Director, Study NY
- Educator in Sustainable Design Certificate, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Head of Sample Room & New Development, Brooklyn Denim Company
- Co-Founder & Creative Director, Covet
Contact Tara here.