3D printing services are provided through Make Mode, an independent company within the BF+DA.
- 3D print presentation models, custom marketing and advertising materials, models and figurines, rapid prototype your designs, and more.
- 3D print in full-color sandstone and hard plastic
To inquire about printing, contact 3D Print.
What is 3D Printing?
Can I see examples of 3D Printing?
3D printing is used as a rapid prototyping and short-run manufacturing tool across many industries. From industrial design to advertising/event promotion to entrepreneurship, there are countless uses for 3D printing. From full color presentation models to durable, functional parts, 3D printing can be a very powerful tool.
How Do I Begin a 3D Printing Project?
- Create your Model – Do you have a model that is 3D print ready? This can be a complicated process if you are not familiar with the details of printability. If you are not familiar with 3D design, there is free design software available such as SketchUp that can help get you started. There is also a wide variety of open source 3D models available for free on platforms such as Thingiverse.
- Material – What material properties are you looking for in your 3D print? Full color and meant for presentations/display? Or hard plastic meant for functional use? Learn about the details of different 3D printing materials.
- Quantity – How many prints do you need?
- Due Date – When do you need them by?